Monday, May 14, 2007

I've been looking through some of my favorite online comics tonight, trying to catch up on something funny to take my mind off the fact that I haven't slept well in over a week and I realized that I'm not sure how many of my friends know about PVP or Player Versus Player. I'm sure alot of you have heard of it since it's one of the longest running web comics but you have to experience it to realize what a great grasp of pop culture and being a geek Scott Kurtz has. The comic is really amazing...

The premise revolves around 4 central characters, Cole Richards, Brent Sienna, Jade Fontaine and Francis Ottoman. Cole and Brent were former roommates in college and have gone on to fulfill their dream of publishing a magazine called PVP which covers video games and pop culture in general. Jade is the role of the perfect woman (i.e. she is hot and she is a total geek, she would be that girl who would actually wear the chainmail bikini) she is Brents girlfriend and colleague at the paper. Francis is the youngest of the crew still a teenager and usually the source of much of the humor he writes the video games columns for the magazine. I almost forgot the 5th, and one of the most integral characters Skull. Skull is the big blue troll that the PVP team found living in the broom closet of the building in which they work. The way Scott Kurtz writes these characters you really feel close to them and it makes for a great series. Did I mention they also have a monthly PVP comic book and a monthly online animated series?

So for all you Start Trek fanatics I'm posting with this entry the series of PVP comics in which the PVP team goes to the Star Trek convention. Enjoy and then run straight over to www.pvponline.com to read the entire series from the beginning (it's all there archived and free to read). Enjoy!!














(click on the pics and then they will be big enough to read)

No comments: